The following is a guest post that was co-authored by our friends at Joel A. Gordon & Associates and the Pacific Attorney Group. If you ever find yourself needing legal assistance in Houston or Glendale, they are the firms you should consider reaching out to for help.
Commercial trucks such as big rigs and delivery trucks are the cause of one-of-a-kind dangers to people that drive tinier automobiles and the people that they transport. Truck drivers need to know about the dangers that can be caused by their vehicles that are big and difficult to move. Also, other people that drive on the roads need to be very careful when they are driving near trucks. Small driving mistakes, such as not utilizing a turn signal before turning, can turn out very bad when a truck with eighteen wheels is part of the accident, especially when a car and/or the truck driver are driving too fast. A personal injury attorney or one close to where you live can help get you the compensation you deserve if you are involved in an accident with a truck.
Truck Accidents That Are Caused by Automobile Drivers
People that drive passenger vehicles (especially cars) are regularly responsible for traffic accidents with huge trucks or other large commercial trucks. The most common kind of unsafe activity performed by car drivers that get into accidents with large trucks is being uninformed of what big trucks are capable of such as being limited with accelerating, using their brakes, and being able to see what is going on around them. A car accident lawyer that is experienced will help you determine how to proceed if you are involved in a car/vehicle motor vehicle incident.
The most common and dangerous actions that car drivers are guilty of when they are driving close to big trucks that cause truck accidents consist of:
- Quickly changing lanes in front of a truck
- Driving in a truck’s blind spot
- Being on the right side of a truck that is turning right
- Wrongly determining the speed of a truck at an intersection, and turning left in when they are ahead of a truck
- Not slowing down or speeding up when a truck starts to change lanes or merge
- Not passing safely, especially passing with not giving enough space to pass
- Passing a truck, then being moved unexpectedly by turbulent air or a cross-wind
- Driving in between big trucks
- Leaving a vehicle unattended in a travel lane, or failing to get a car that broke down all of the way off of the highway and onto a shoulder
- Pulling into traffic from the side of the road in front of a truck without speeding up properly
Traffic Accidents That are Caused by Truck Drivers
People that drive big trucks are usually patient and are also very good drivers. However, in addition to the problems that normally come with driving a big and heavy truck to commercially ship and transport items, a good amount of traits that are a regular part of being a truck driver may cause traffic accidents. If you are involved in an accident like this, you may be in need of a good personal injury attorney.
Poor driving habits of truck or heavy load drivers that you can be compensated for include:
- Not being trained properly on the right way to drive, safety issues, and defensive driving
- Getting extra pay for getting deliveries delivered quicker which encourages a truck driver to drive too fast and do other unsafe activities to get to their destination quicker
- Being given unrealistic expectations and schedules from their employer which also encourages drivers to go too fast to get to where they are going faster, without any concern for the risks involved
If a truck driver gets into an accident for one of these reasons, it is a good idea for them to meet with a car accident lawyer.
Find Out More About Truck Accident Claims With a Free Consultation
If you are injured as a result of an accident involved with a big rig or commercial truck, you could be entitled to receive compensation. The truck accident attorneys at Pacific Attorney Group or an attorney in your area like Dean Margolis will tell you about your rights after an accident. The best first step is to learn your rights by meeting with an experienced lawyer. A lot of them will provide you with a free consultation to tell you how they see that they can assist with your accident claim. This consultation will tell you how strong your case is and will help you prepare for the legal process ahead of you. To set one of those up, click here.
- The Basics Of A Notice Of Insurer’s Primary Liability Determination - March 21, 2023
- Luck Won’t Decide Your Injury Claim – These Five Factors Will - March 15, 2023
- What Happens To My Work Comp Claim If My Company Closes? - March 8, 2023