If you’ve been injured in a car accident, you have the right to pursue personal injury compensation against the party or parties who contributed to your accident. There are a number of factors that go into determining your compensation award following a car accident, and one of those factors is the severity of your injuries. But how exactly can you prove just how hurt you really are? Below, we explain how we help our clients get the most money possible by proving the true extent of their injuries.
Documenting Injury Severity
As a firm that specializes in personal injury and workers’ compensation cases, proving the extent of our client’s injury is one of the main focuses of our job. You might think it’s a simple job that just involves pointing to a doctor’s report or flashing an x-ray before a judge, but there’s so much more to it than that. We need to paint a full picture of all the injuries, and how these injuries will affect our client’s current and future life.
So how can we best do this? Some of the ways we showcase the extent of our client’s injuries are by submitting the following as evidence:
- Medical records.
- An independent medical evaluation that takes into account job duties and other lifestyle factors influenced by the current injuries.
- Photographs or imaging results of visible and non-visible injuries.
- Testimony from medical experts on the extent of your injuries.
- Clinical data on the long-term prognosis of patients with similar diagnoses.
- A statement from you on how these injuries are affecting your everyday life.
- Testimony from family members, friends and coworkers about how the injuries you’ve suffered have affected your quality of life or ability to accomplish certain tasks.
As you can see, there’s a lot that goes into documenting the extent of a person’s injuries following a car accident or work injury. By being thorough in the documentation and explanation of the injuries, we can ensure that our clients get the largest award possible.
So if you recently suffered an injury at work or in a car accident, get medical attention and then give the team at Margolis Law Firm a call today. You can bet that whoever’s insurance company you are going after for compensation will have a team of lawyers on their side, so make sure you have a professional in your corner who can make a clear case about the extent of your injuries and your right to compensation. You focus on getting healthy, and we’ll focus on getting you the biggest award possible. To learn more about how we paint a clear picture of your injuries, or to sit down with an attorney and go over the details of your case, contact Dean and the experienced team of lawyers at Margolis Law Firm today.
- Injured While Jaywalking – Am I Ineligible For Compensation? - February 28, 2024
- No Fault Claims In Minnesota Provide More Benefits Than Most Realize - February 21, 2024
- How Do Attorneys Determine A Settlement Amount? - February 13, 2024