There are more than 10,000 lakes here in the great state of Minnesota, so it’s no surprise that boating is one of the more common summer activities. Going for a cruise or waterskiing on the lake can be a fun way to pass the time, but each year thousands of Minnesotans suffer injuries due to boating accidents. If you’ve been injured while driving or riding in a boat, consider talking to an attorney about your compensation options.
Boating Injury Compensation
There are a number of different ways in which an accident can occur on the water that would allow you to seek compensation. Examples of eligible claims or boating claims that we’ve handled include accidents where:
- Driver strikes stationary object
- Boat collisions
- Alcohol-related crashes or distracted drivers
- Reckless driver causes injury to passengers or person they are pulling behind the boat
- Slipping and falling while on a boat, or while entering or exiting
- Boating equipment failure
- Struck by boat or motor
As you can see, there are a number of different types of boating accidents that can be compensable under Minnesota injury law. However, in order to collect compensation, you’re going to need to prove a number of different factors, including contributory negligence, the presence of injuries, the extent of your injuries and much more. The best way to do this is with an experienced legal team like Margolis Law Firm.
At Margolis Law Firm, we’ve handled a wide variety of boating- and water-related injury claims, so we know how to get the biggest awards for our clients. We’ll pour over your medical records, collect witness statements, arraign expert witnesses to testify in your favor, handle all the paperwork and put together an airtight case that shows you deserve the award amount we are pursing.
So while you’re trying to escape the heat this summer, know that you have rights if you or a family member suffer a boating-related injury. Even if it was caused by a family member or friend, make sure that you are pursuing compensation because these types of injuries can have lifelong consequences. You have rights, no matter whether the injury occurred on land or water, so don’t hesitate to reach out if you have questions about a potential injury claim.
For more information about collecting compensation for boating injuries in Minnesota, or to talk to a lawyer about your case options, contact Dean Margolis and the experienced legal team at Margolis Law Firm today.
- How Long Do I Have To File Different Injury Lawsuits In Minnesota? - September 19, 2023
- Why Experts Are Important If Future Damages Are Included In A Minnesota Injury Lawsuit - September 13, 2023
- Five Problems You Can Run Into If You Don’t Report Your Work Injury Right Away - September 6, 2023