Many people aren’t all that familiar with the personal injury process, and the insurance companies are hoping that your lack of understanding and desire to wrap up your case quickly will lead to a much lower payout than you may be entitled to after a car accident. That’s why you need a personal injury lawyer to assist with your case. In today’s blog, we highlight 10 key things your lawyer can provide you with that will greatly assist you during a car accident claim.
10 Reasons Why You Need A Car Accident Lawyer
Here’s a look at 10 ways a lawyer can protect your interests and help you maximize your claim following a car accident.
1. Professional advice from someone on your side – Since personal injury lawyers get paid a small fraction of your total injury award, they share the same interests as you in that they want to get the biggest payday possible for their client. Because your interests are aligned, you can trust that their advice is based in your best interests.
2. Someone to answer your questions – You probably have a number of questions forming in your head. Your personal injury lawyer is a great source of reliable information for all your questions.
3. Cover all your options – Claims can get settled with a lump sum or regular payments for a set period of time, and they can also go before a judge to be decided. A lawyer can explain all these options and help you decide which route may be best for you.
4. Allow you to focus on you – Let your lawyer handle all the legal paperwork while you focus on what’s most important – your health and your family’s well-being.
5. Collect evidence and contact witnesses – Your lawyer can help collect and sort through crucial evidence. They can also contact witnesses who saw the accident or connect with expert witnesses like an accident reconstructionists to strengthen your version of events.
6. Develop a case based on your goals – Maybe you want a quick settlement, or you’re in it for the long haul if it means a bigger payout. Maybe you just want your medical bills covered. Whatever you want, your lawyer can tailor your claim to suit your needs and desires.
7. Defend your case against pushback – The insurance company isn’t going to take your case lightly and just agree to a big payout, so expect them to challenge your version of events. Your lawyer knows how to prepare for this pushback and keep it from negatively affecting your award.
8. Professional negotiation – You might not know if that settlement offer you received was fair, but your lawyer will, and they can professionally negotiate to get you a better offer.
9. Run the numbers – You probably have no idea how much your claim is worth, but your lawyer can help figure it out. They will look at all the factors and calculate all the damages you are entitled to receive. Odds are they’ll push for factors and entitlements that you weren’t even aware you were eligible to receive.
10. Prevent missed deadlines – Finally, your lawyer can ensure that all deadlines are met and that your case isn’t denied simply because of a timing issue.
Simply put, a personal injury lawyer is essential for anyone considering filing a claim following a car accident. So if you need assistance in the Minneapolis area, reach out to Dean Margolis and the team at Margolis Law Firm today.
- The Basics Of A Notice Of Insurer’s Primary Liability Determination - March 21, 2023
- Luck Won’t Decide Your Injury Claim – These Five Factors Will - March 15, 2023
- What Happens To My Work Comp Claim If My Company Closes? - March 8, 2023